Saturday, April 14, 2012

At home update of Shane After open heart surgery

Giving an at home update:
Things were rough at first adjusting to the feeding tube procedure and learning how to do it before he gets so mad because he wants to suck on a bottle.  The feeding tube goes into his nose and down to his stomach that way. I sometimes wish I had three hands but I'm getting the hang of it. I have also been pretty much a single mom since Nathan has been studying hard for a test to get his trading license which he passed today go Nathan! Shane wants to eat through bottle bad and it's sad he can only eat 10 ml of thick formula.  The good part of the feeding tube however is I can give Shane his meds and when your  giving 11 doses of medicine a day it is nice! We have a regular post surgery check up Wednesday and another swallow study to see if we can get this tube out! I think I will cry if we go home with it that day. I don't feel like it's over and we can go on with our lives till it's out. We pray every night that Shane's swallow will come back.  I have attached some pictures of his wound and  a cute smiling picture that was taking tonight. He also came in at 15 lbs 5 ounces at his rsv shot appt last Thursday so he is a big boy!  Thank you all again for your calls, visits, prayers we know we are truly loved and thought of.

No comments:

Post a Comment